Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hiccup

Week 21 and 22

Week 21 was my final week of school, thank the Lord!  I was very ready to be finished.  It just became a bit too much dealing with behavior problems of my little darlings and my temper became very short.  During my last week my belly finally REALLY popped and I started looking visibly pregnant and not like I had eaten too many Country Style Doughnuts (which may be the case as well).  The belly button is still intact though and I’m wondering if it will ever pop.  Maybe I will be the 10% of moms whose belly button doesn’t pop.  I also started feeling some back pain during the week and it also extends to the front of my body right under my rib cage.  My posture I know is the main culprit of this.  I really wish my mother would have made me sit up straighter as a child.  Trying to correct my posture over the past 2 years as an adult has been a difficult task.  I have to do a lot of laying on my back flat to make the pain go away.  Yoga is in the near future.

Week 22 I had my next ultrasound scheduled on Tuesday.  My parents had arrived on Friday and were spending time with us for the upcoming event on Tuesday.  We were able to spend Father’s Day together, which I don’t think I have been able to do for about 10 years.  On Tuesday morning we went to the hospital to find out I made a mistake and put the wrong day in my phone.  We had missed the appointment on Monday but they were nice enough to fit us in a few hours later.  The ultrasound was awesome and the tech even flipped the magic switch and showed us the 4-D view, which looked like Ghotstbusters II the Vigo portrait when he's trying to escape.  The picture is insane though as you can see details of the baby lips, nose, eyes, which I feel he looks like Matt.  We even got the money shot of his very *cough boy parts.  So he is a he!!!  Everything went very smoothly until the doctor came in and gave us news we were never really ready to hear.  We have our first hiccup in the pregnancy.  The doctor measured the baby’s neck fold and said it was a bit large (a possible sign of downs) which we thought we were in the clear for.  Our chances are now 1 in 500 instead of 1 in 10,000 which is a bit disconcerting.  He seemed not that concerned but asked us to come back in 8 weeks to check and see if anything has changed.  It was also hard for him to check the heart because the baby was sleeping on his tummy and butt in the air (sleeps like his mom).  So we go back then to see.  Matt isn’t worried as he thinks the baby just has a fat neck like him.  I had a bit of a breakdown over the weekend but am feeling better about things.  It’s just very hard to find things like this out and not worry for 8 weeks.  I did get to go to the beach over the weekend and decompress and hang out with Kathy.  We literally did nothing for 4 days which felt great.  I now have to keep it posi for the next few weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Keep it posi! If we love Matt, we can love a baby with a fat neck too. :)

    ReplyDelete