Friday, May 14, 2010

Planes, cards, and the F Bomb

And then there was week 15.

I was hit this week by pregnancy aches and pains.  I woke up Wednesday morning feeling like a truck ran over my legs numerous times.  I freaked out most of the morning, thinking something was very wrong with the baby or me.  Lots of other teachers told me it was pressure on my body from the baby growing.  I still needed a second opinion so I called my trusty friend Jennifer, who recently gave birth.  She told me it was my ligaments loosening up, getting me ready to give birth.  It kind of felt like growing pains (if you can remember them) when you were a kid.  I remember waking in the middle of the night crying because they were so bad.  This felt similar except my...uhhhh...pelvic area was feeling that way too.  So I felt a bit more at ease knowing it was normal and started sleeping with a pillow in between my legs at night.

I celebrated my first Mother’s Day, which was joyous!  I really felt blessed as I was gifted by husband and family.  I can now afford to buy some new clothes and a body pillow.  The first Mother’s Day item I received was a card from one of Matt’s friends who is incarcerated in Petersburg, VA.  Derrick sent a Mother’s Day card to me that he had made.  It choked me up that he even thought of me. 

Matt and I flew home to Michigan for the Mother’s Day weekend.  We left at the butt crack of dawn on Saturday morning to fly into Detroit.  We spent some quality time with Ma and Pa and met the Ball's new girlfriend Jessica who is precious.  In all it was an excellent trip, until the flight home.  Upon arriving at the airport, Matt and I checked in and found that we were not sitting together on the plane.  This pissed me off greatly and we all know that we shouldn’t piss off a pregnant woman.  I asked at the gate if there was anything they could do so we could sit together.  They said the flight was full (and I even played the pregnancy card!)  So we boarded and found that we both had middle seats, needless to say no one was willing to move when we asked.  This put me over the edge and forced me to storm to my seat in-between two men.  As I stormed, I gave the flight attendant the look of death as tears formed in my eyes.  I sat “in the middle” sobbing and apologizing to the man next to me who smelled like he just downed a bottle of Jack before boarding.  We ended up leaving Detroit 20 minutes late for no apparent reason.  Before landing in Charlotte the, 20 something sitting next to me asked what time it was.  We soon found out that we had 15 minutes to make our connection.  Matt and I tried to push off the plane as fast as we could and proceeded to run to our gate on the other side of the airport.  As we were running up, the gate agent was closing the door.  Did I mention that Matt had a final that night?  In my fury from the day, I laid into her.  I even started pounding my hand on the counter.  It was like a devil woman took me over.  I even told her that I was pregnant and that she shouldn’t piss me off.  I asked her how my husband was going to take his final and she said she didn’t know.  Then there it was, “MOTHER FUCKER” came right out of my mouth.  I then stormed off to the bathroom and cried.  Everything ended up o.k. as we got on a later flight and Matt was able to make-up his final later in the week.

Next week I will have my dance recital video up!

2 comments: