Wednesday, April 14, 2010

It's the face trust me!

I’m a bit late on week 11 because I was too busy chillaxin’!!!

This past week was my spring break, which I must say, was a long time coming and well deserved. 

Matt went out of town for a few days to hang in Florida, but my moms and brother, “The Ball”, stayed with me while he was away.  On Easter, I felt a bit sick as I waited too long to eat.  I hovered above the can as everyone enjoyed dinner downstairs.  I’m still bitter.

Let talk about the acne.  I have been blessed with some pretty good skin.  I rarely ever get zits and when I do I feel like it ruins my life.  As of late, I have broken out like a champ.  It’s everywhere and I don’t know how to deal.  I wash my face like 324753274 times a day and nothing helps.  I mean I even have backne uggggg.

The most exciting part of the week was the ultrasound.  Matt and I went on Thursday and heard the heartbeat and got pictures of what looks like a small alien.  I keep showing people and saying "look here’s the face. You see it right?"  And they lie and say "yes."  The best part was the baby moving when the doctor was doing the ultrasound.  It was funny to see it’s little arms and legs freak out and squirm all over.  I know everything is real now and it’s a good feeling.

Matt and I have decided to do the Down’s testing.  It was something that we were not going to do at first because I’m not at high risk, but the doctor made a good point.  He told us that we didn’t want to find out in the delivery room, which made sense.  So, on the 14th, I have to prick my finger and send it into a lab. On the 22nd I go for another ultrasound.  They will use my blood results and measure the neck or something like that.  Apparently they can tell something from necks and blood.  Science.   

After we decided to do the testing I had my first babyish nightmare.  I dreamed I was in my classroom, waiting at the door, and a whole bunch of older high school students approached.  All of the students had Downs Syndrome and a fight broke out that pushed into my room.  I got caught up in the fight, as the kids are, well, super strong.  I was yelling out into the hall for help and that I was pregnant.  And then I woke up.

Week 11 in a nutshell.

1 comment:

  1. First, and I'm sure not the last, nightmare. ::sigh:: I should do a post about my wedding-related ones.

    I think it's hilarious that you're like "it's real now." I totally get that, because before you really see an obvious little kid in there squirming, you probably feel like a crazy person pretending you have an alien growing inside of you. Now you've been vindicated!

    But seriously, check it out -- the three of us could've had a baby, reducing its chances of, well, being a redhead:

    http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2010/04/mitochondria-engineering/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+wired%2Findex+%28Wired%3A+Index+3+%28Top+Stories+2%29%29

    Too late though!

    ReplyDelete