Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Bun in the Oven

So I am officially announcing that I am with child.  I am 8 weeks along in my pregnancy and am feeling all of the first trimester joys. 


Matt and I found out on February 20th that I had a little peanut growing inside me.  We had been trying for 2 months (I know it happened fast) and after 10 pee sticks we finally went to Planned Parenthood on a Saturday morning.  They tested me and told me even a faint line is a positive one.  So on that Saturday we were the happiest couple in Planned Parenthood.


The next few weeks there came lots of cramping and growing.  Week 5 I had to drink lot's of water to keep the cramps away as it felt like I was constantly going to start my period. 


Week 6 brought fatigue.  I have never been so tired in my whole life!  I can't stress that enough to people these days.  I come home everyday and take a nap and then eat dinner a bit of T.V. and it is back to bed.  I have no life in the afternoon anymore as I live for sleep. 


Week 7 the sickness hit.  I had been feeling a bit nauseated during the day since I was 3 weeks along.  Now it was full force with the need for saltines and ginger ale as my daily diet.  I threw-up for the first time this past Friday.  I was sitting at my desk chair (which I do a lot of as of late) and started getting the saliva.  I walked next door to get my teacher friend, and told her it was on.  I went to the clinic and did my business and let me tell you that my lucky charms were not so magically delicious coming up.  The hardest part now is making sure everyone and their mom does not find out at school.  I have told a few good friends but now I'm sure it's spreading like wildfire. 


Week 8 I had my first midwife visit yesterday.  Matt and I took a half-day and met with a midwife group at St. Francis who have been recommended from a bunch of friends.  I always knew I wanted to go with a midwife, as I don't like the idea of a baby catcher or the higher risks of a c-section.  Nicole was great and asked lot's of questions about both of our medical histories and put some of our anxieties at ease.  There was one pressing issue of an antidepressant that I have been on for almost a year.  The Lexapro was a huge concern for us as we don't want to harm the baby, duh!  We were told that it would be fine as I'm on a really low dose anyway.  The only concern is with breast-feeding in which I may have to change drugs.  The WORST part of the appointment was the blood draw.  They took 9 vials, which was insane.  I thought I would run out of blood and I did kind of near the end.  As soon as she pulled the needle out I felt woozy which is not typical of me.  I had to ask for a juice or I may have hit the floor. 



The other part to week 8 is the nausea is still there in the early morning especially.  It's been like clockwork as I use my nasal spray (I know nerdy, but I have bad allergies) and am just about the brush my teeth and there is.  Truth is I feel way better when I vom and am able to go about the day with a little less nausea. 


Food aversions have been a big deal too.  I lived on mac and cheese last week, which is gross but true.  I eat when I can which is not very often.  I keep crackers close by and fruit but nothing citrus, because I will vom.  It's weird turning my nose up to all my favorite foods.  I will walk to the pantry now and just stare at everything as nothing looks or smells good.  Tacos were good last night but tomorrow I may want to puke just looking at them on T.V.



The final thing is the boobs (screeching record sound).  We all know that I am cough* well endowed and it's always been a huge joke about me getting pregs and being able to feed everyone's children.  Well friends these things are getting bigger to the point of wanting to wear a sports bra at all times.  Matt made a comment the other night that I should paint myself blue and get some devil horns and a tail as I look like I should be in a White Zombie video.  I just stared at him in unbelief.



I'm due October 25th so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a Halloween baby.  Matt doesn’t want a Halloween baby because that's "whitchy."

5 comments:

  1. This is so exciting! Love hearing all the stories. Some of my friends have said that they keep crackers on their bedside table, and eat them as SOON as they wake up -- like before sitting up really or anything -- and then they're fine all morning. NO nausea. Anyway, obv. I have no idea if it really works but I've been told it does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you! Please, PLEASE just ask if you want to know anything that another momma endured before you... I'll keep it clean, but I'll be honest! :o)
    Love you guys- and love your offspring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! We are very excited but it's also a bit scary that we are going to be parents.

    ReplyDelete