Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Graffiti

My husband and I work at the same school.  Many people look at me like I'm crazy when I tell them this.  It really isn't that big of a deal to us and we don't get sick of each other that easily.  The situation works out for us very well.  I don't really see him that much during the day.  Lunch is the only time usually or when he comes to my class room in search of a dollar for a coke.  The benefits are abundant as far as saving gas money and having someone to ride with you to work and complain about the same things with.  In other words he feels my pain when an administrator isn't doing jack, or we laugh when there is something annoying that another teacher does.

He has I can safely say the hardest job in the school.  He sits in his Harry Potter type room underneath the stairs all day long with the school criminals.  He is know as the school disciplinarian for in-school suspension.  Kids do not like him very much and he does not like the kids very much, so all works out in the end.  His room consists of little cubby spaces with chairs at each one.  In these spaces there's some very colorful graffiti.  Things like "fuck (husbands name)" and "north side rule."  Nothing is spelled correctly and there is always an "s" missing.

A short time ago my husband told me the children started writing graffiti about me.  At first I was upset as I thought most students in school liked me.  Then I realized their game.... they were trying to piss my husband off by writing graffiti about me.  GENIUS!!!  this seemed more fun to me then hurtful.  I decided to snap a picture today of one of my favorites.

 I know it may be hard to see but it says Ms. (my last name) is ugly and then above it says DUH.  The DUH has to be my favorite part.  I kind of want to go in and start writing things about myself to provoke further graffiti.  Is that weird?  I hope to have more pictures in the future but for now I'll bask in my ugliness.
   

2 comments:

  1. Dude if you're ugly, I'm in big trouble. I seem to remember at least one guy who passed on me in favor of you. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha- at first glance i thought that said "is gay." kids are idiots.

    ReplyDelete