Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Twiddling My Thumbs

So here's the update for weeks 16 and 17.

I had my big recital at the Landmark Theater in Richmond.  It was very successful because I didn't fall falt on my face when I did my buffalo turn (this is a tricky move for a pregnant lady).  I was pretty freaked out about my dance grade tights as they held in my tummy poor baby was all sucked in.  Matt and His mom Lisa came to the show as it was freaking expensive and didn't want to burden friends with the cost.  If you didn't see the video it's in the post below.  I really enjoyed tap this year and want to continue.  I still day dream of a solo tap number someday....

I had an appointment during week 17 with the midwife.  This was just a routine checkup as we haven't seen the midwives since week 8.  She talked to us about dulas and The Bradley Method which is a cool 12 week class about natural childbirth.  Yes, that's right I'm trying to go natural.  I think hiring a dula will be really great for Matt as I feel he may get pretty freaked out if they start wheeling out hospital equiptment.  The most wonderful part was that Lisa and Sunie (Matt's sister) were there to hear the heartbeat.  We did find out that the midwife Nicole that we have seen the past two times will be leaving the practice.  Matt and I were pretting bummed as we were secretly hoping she would be the one to deliver our baby.  We showed the girls the maternity ward and I started to get pretty excited and terrified about the whole labor thing.

So my belly is getting bigger which was a direct result from all those pains the previous week.  But I still haven't felt baby.  I  know I'm just getting anxious but I can't wait to feel all those little flutters everyone talks about.  I have been sitting really still on the couch after I eat dinner just waiting.  No action yet.  Matt has even been talking to the baby doing mosh call outs.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for next week.

One thing I forgot to mention weeks ago was the choice that Matt and I made for God Parents.  We had been thinking and praying about who it should be for a few weeks and one couple kept coming up in conversation.  We had some critera of course. 
1.  Must live alti-lifestyle. 
2.  Must want/like kids.
3.  Must be married couple.
4.  Must like Richmond alot.
5.  Must go to church.

So in our search we decided to ask our friends Tess and Dan.  In the event that Matt and I die in a freak plane crash we know that our kid will be in good hands.  I guess we will have to cut down on all of our weekend solo plane trips.  So Tess and Dan will be put in our will (yes, we are having a will made weird).  Being a grown up is strange sometimes. 

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to tell you I hate kids!

    J/k j/k!

    Super flattered and happy to be your backup.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I checked out your recital video. Where did you take class? Sweet moves!

    ReplyDelete