Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Apparently My Womb is Leaping?

Why do I want one of these?


















IT BEATS THE HELL OUT OF ME!
But I do.   I am ready to have a baby and have been for a bit of time now.

My husband and I spent our Christmas vacation in Florida this year with my in-laws.  It was exciting to be down there for Christmas as we told my in-laws that we were trying to have children.  Well let's just say they were very enthusiastic and this started a series of events over the break that, well made my womb jump as my mom-in-law would say.

After the settling in the first few days I was called to the parent palace (the second floor of the house which is where the rents reside).  I was then given my husbands christening outfit to which my mother-in-law laid her hand on my tummy (yes, I still say tummy) and asked if my womb was jumping.  To which I replied, sure?  My husband just hung his head in shame?  embarrassment?  who knows what was running through his mind.

Our next event occurred on Christmas Eve at grandmas house for the family gift exchange.  Everyone was to buy a $10 gift to exchange.  To everyone's surprise my mother-in-law bought a Pooh Bear baby blanket set with me in mind.  Wait did I mention my husbands pregnant cousin was in the room?  I ended up taking a rice cooker home.

Our final episode was on Christmas Eve night when I was warned that there was baby powder in my bed.  I thought this could be a joke but no there was powder in our bed and on the Christmas tree in our room.    

Some daughter-in-laws would be livid by all the shenanigans but I love my mother-in-law and her sense of humor.  


1 comment: